Miss Rodeo America (MRA) contest is one of the vital events of the National Finals Rodeo. It holds in tandem with the NFR championship in Las Vegas. Viewers and attendees are mesmerized by the contest held every year during the first week of the NFR championship in December.
Key Things you should know about the MRA
- Before the final contests, cowgirls compete for the prestigious position of the Queen by touring the country to promote and create more awareness about the Rodeo Sport. More so, they act as Ambassadors of the National Rodeo sport, and they educate people that they meet on the western culture while strategizing for the Crown.
- The contest encompasses incredible performances in horsemanship. It also involves interviews and speeches as well as fashion parades. The Winner of the Miss Rodeo America is the principal Ambassador of the Rodeo sport. She keeps close tabs with Rodeo sponsors, fans, and producers.
- The Miss Rodeo America crown is highly revered, and it is not just a test of Fashion but also a test for intellectual zest, persistence, and intelligence. To emerge as a winner, the contestants, study a lot, read a lot, meet lots of people, and expand their tentacles. Before their emergence at the end of the contest, they would ride a plethora of Horses. More so, their intellectual and Fashion horizon would increase. The Miss Rodeo America contest is an excellent opportunity for young cowgirls to meet people, establish connections, gain tangible experiences, and surge for a better future.
- The 28 finalists are drawn from the different states’ Rodeo organizations. They are usually Rodeo Queens from the various states, and appearance is a crucial determinant for the emergence of Miss Rodeo America.
- One of the most enticing events of Miss Rodeo America is the Fashion show where the cowgirls will display beautiful attires in the full glare of the excited crowd. Fashionistas are always pinned to their seats as they behold the display and parade of various arrays of branded western wears. The western wears are blended with cowboy caps and tailored in various materials such as types of denim, fringe, fur, and bedazzled Jackets. The horse rides are catchy, and the cowgirls put in their very best in their quest to emerge as the Rodeo Queen.
- Asides from the financial benefit, Miss Rodeo America has an age-long legacy and history. The winner becomes part of history, the present as well as the future. The status quo will be maintained during this year’s edition of the Miss Rodeo America contest. The contest will herald the Miss Rodeo America 2020, and it will be held at Las Vegas Tropicana from Sunday, 1st December to Sunday, 8th December 2019.
Miss Rodeo America Beauty Pageant
Miss Rodeo America beauty rodeo women contest is the brainchild of a group of young men under the auspices of International Rodeo Management (IRM) in 1955. It has withered the storm for the past 54 years and has produced a handful of beautiful and intelligent young girls as winners.
The maiden contest was staged in Casper, Wyoming, and Miss Marilyn Scott wrote her name in Gold and went down memory lane as the maiden winner of Miss Rodeo America beauty contest. She held sway in 1955 and 1956 when Fran Blomquist served as President of International Rodeo management.
The event was jostled from state to state in the country, and top cities played host for the game.
It was in 1985 when the Miss Rodeo America contest was aligned with the National Final Rodeo championships, and Las Vegas has since 1990 become a hub for the prestigious competition.
The 2018 MRA was part of the festivities for the Annual Convention of Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association at Tropicana, Las Vegas, with Miss Taylor McNair emerging as the winner. Past winners of the coveted Crown are always present during each edition, and this year would not be an exception.
Miss Taylor will surely be present during this year’s pageant. She will deliver her parting message, which will encourage her successor and also reflect her experiences while serving with the Crown.
Miss Rodeo America Scholarship Foundation
A landmark was set in 1992 when a whopping $30,000 was given as scholarship awards to the contestants. This led to the formation of the Miss Rodeo America Scholarship Foundation to oversee and ensure proper management and dissemination of the scholarship fund to contestants.
Today, the scholarship awards have increased in value, and the contestants are the confidence of receiving almost $100,000 as scholarship funds.
The contest is bound to be electrifying and will be knitted with integrity. It is worth saying that Miss Rodeo America is not only historical, but it has occupied a high echelon in the Rodeo world. Her charisma has attracted and converted many Cowboys from Rodeo spectators into Rodeo Fans and Professional Rodeo players. Miss Rodeo America is here to stay, and the City of Las Vegas will soon be agog.